Helping cities lead the way to a carbon-neutral future
C-Track 50 aims to mobilise and guide public authorities at a local and regional level, in order to achieve climate resilience and carbon neutrality by 2050. To this end, C-Track 50:
- strengthens the cooperation between the EU and local, regional and national levels of governance;
- improves the technical competencies of regions and local authorities in integrated energy and climate policy planning;
- supports the development and financing of sustainable energy and climate policy action plans towards carbon neutrality at the local and regional level.
The Central and Eastern European Sustainable Energy Union (CEESEU) seeks to help the EU meet its climate goals in two important ways:
• First, by building the capacity of public administrators in the CEE region to develop SECAPs that promote increased energy efficiency, sustainable energy, reduce carbon emissions and improve climate change adaptability.
• Second, by strengthening the Central and Eastern Europe Sustainable Energy Network to spread knowledge on green transitions throughout the CEE and act as a voice for the region at the EU-level.